Friends of Tod Creek Watershed meet the first Wednesday of every second month.
You are welcome to join us.
Mission: To protect and enhance the integrity and biodiversity of the Tod Creek Watershed.
To view notes from previous meetings, use the “Meeting Notes” Archive links on the right panel.
May 2012 Notes in place of a meeting
1) Saanich announces a Public Hearing on the new Stream Side Development Permit Area. See attached notice.
2) Saanich has posted the information about the dock at Whitehead Park. See the sign in the park or check on Saanich web site. Comments are due by May 15th.
3) PLDCA held an informative meeting about the Blue-green algae seen in the lake. This is not usually harmful to humans or dogs, but occasionally it can be so it is best to avoid it. It grows when the algae come to the surface and into the light. Large weeds provide shade and also habitat for zooplankton which eat the blue-green algae.
4) We have received $500.00 in a Saanich Matching grant for work on the restoration of the West side of Tod Creek in Whitehead Park. We are applying for other grants as this is a large project. With the help of Saanich Parks we will do what we can with the resources available.
5) We are very pleased with our progress on the East side of Whitehead Park. The plants we have added are doing well and are only slightly nibbled by deer. We continue to work on Monday mornings and would be happy to show off our work to anyone who cares to come down.
6) If you have any questions or would like more information please do not hesitate to ask.